Colt Forum banner

181 - 199 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

Trying out my new Magpul angle grip gen 2 type, I had the original gen 1 which was a little bigger but this one feels better to me. I also bumped-fire this without a bumpfire stock works fine.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Just picked this one up today..............How do I find out what year this is. Regular Colt lookup does not show up? Is it different for AR.......

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Colt does not track their AR's like they do their pistols. You can call their customer service and provide them.your serial number and they can tell you.

It is going to be late 2018, 2019 or 2020.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
How do I find out what year this is. Regular Colt lookup does not show up? Is it different for AR.......
There are three ways you could find the manufacturing date of your Colt AR.

First if you still have the factory plastic bag (we old guys call it birth bag) there might be a date printed on the bag, but not always.

Second, remove your top handguard and look just behind the front sight base on the barrel, under the gas tube, should be MM/ YY stamped on it.

Third, what the other member said just call Colt but they don't have reliable data base with AR serial numbers.

Pic thread, my old pic back in 2007 Colt AR6721 AR-15A3 Tactical Carbine with midlength gas system Rock Creek Barrels mil-spec 5.56 NATO chamber medium contour 16" barrel, Bobro-GG&G gen 1 aluminum bipod, USMC OKC3S current issue bayonet and HK USP full size .40 pistol with HK tactical light.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
The month/year stamped on the barrel only apply to the barrel. Rifle manufacturing date is probably within a few months of it though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
447 Posts
There are three ways you could find the manufacturing date of your Colt AR.

First if you still have the factory plastic bag (we old guys call it birth bag) there might be a date printed on the bag, but not always.

Second, remove your top handguard and look just behind the front sight base on the barrel, under the gas tube, should be MM/ YY stamped on it.

Third, what the other member said just call Colt but they don't have reliable data base with AR serial numbers.

Pic thread, my old pic back in 2007 Colt AR6721 AR-15A3 Tactical Carbine with midlength gas system Rock Creek Barrels mil-spec 5.56 NATO chamber medium contour 16" barrel, Bobro-GG&G gen 1 aluminum bipod, USMC OKC3S current issue bayonet and HK USP full size .40 pistol with HK tactical light.
First, Thank you. Second Outstanding Firearm! I checked the bag and nothing stamped on it, so I will investigate further. Thanks again.

Scott

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

My same Colt AR6721 AR-15A3 Tactical Carbine one of my two 6721 this is my older made in 2002 with Rock Creek Barrels midlength gas system, medium contour, mil-spec steel proof and magnetic particle tested, chrome lined, 5.56 NATO chamber, Magpul ladder rail covers, TangoDown vertical fore grip, Surefire M961 (3 X 123 batteries) weaponlight & Bobro - GG&G aluminum bipod.

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
It's taken me a few years to finish this varmint buster - Christensen Arms AR with carbon fiber barrel and forend. Finally able to put my Sig titanium can on it as well. Still much lighter than my old 20" carry handle Colts, even with the extras.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

An old picture of my then new just out of the factory box in early 2011, Colt SP6920 marked SPORTER M4 CARBINE, no caliber marks, the old SP serial number prefix, shown with factory preservative lube. The yellow accessory is a blank firing device for carbines.

After about a week after that first picture same SP6920 looked like this M4 carbine clone, not an exact clone but good enough for me. Knight's Armament (KAC) M4 RAS rails, KAC vertical foregrip, Surefire M951 weaponlight, Aimpoint M2 on LaRue Tactical cantilever quick disconnect lever mount, LMT fixed adjustable combat rear sight, Vickers BFG two point sling and Magpul PMAGs.

Reactions: WVCOLT and jearl
181 - 199 of 199 Posts