Registered
7,481 Posts
Well there is this one, a 1970s vintage Commander 38 Super:
Commander 1.jpg
And my brother's Combat Commander also a .38 Super:
Commander 004.jpg
A Star Super 9mm/.38:
Star 9mm38 1.jpg
I also have a XSE LWT .38 Super Commander, no Government Models at the moment, although i've had two different MK IV Series 70s.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
"In most threads on .38 Supers…this would be considered nice….

In this thread, it is just run of the mill…..how sad is that?"

Not at all. They are ALL nice and have a distinct place in Colt history.
Well at least I posted before Rich…otherwise I probably would have just read the thread and looked at the pictures…:D

This is by far my favorite thread in a long time……beautiful pistols!!!!!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Guys…don't misunderstand…I know my pistol is an excellent example of its period but compared to all these Pre War Super .38's, it's like bringing your VW to the Corvette show :eek:

Thanks for all the compliments….but save them for the other guns shown that are spectacular by comparison. At least now I know why I can't find one…they're all taken! :bang_wall:

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I have to admit that I agree with Pendenis and T-May. I am grateful for the one that I do have even if it shows that it has been carried and used. Probably should take the time and "like" every one shown though, especially T-May's...

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
Guys…don't misunderstand…I know my pistol is an excellent example of its period but compared to all these Pre War Super .38's, it's like bringing your VW to the Corvette show :eek:

Thanks for all the compliments….but save them for the other guns shown that are spectacular by comparison. At least now I know why I can't find one…they're all taken! :bang_wall:
While I agree with you about some of these pistols especially the Super Match, I'd be quite content with your Super .38. I'd really like to get a pre-1970 post war Super .38, but the only Government size .38 Super I will likely be able to afford is a new one.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts