Colt Forum banner

81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
want to share my newly acquired 38 super commander from one of our own member here on colt forum, JMV375 (thank you Joe ) bought this 2 weeks ago and it is awesome condition for age , I told Joe I was going to put ivory stocks I had in the safe I had these a long time waiting for the right one to use them.
I think the 38 super commander was it.
also are pics of the 38super Government model from same era with bark ivory .
and all 3 commanders from same '70s' era 38super ,45acp, 9mm

PS the flag pin was a present from Joe it is a Secret Service pin from the days of 9-1-1( they had these made up then ) he was #41's secret service detail ( how about that folks ! )

IMG_1596.jpg IMG_1597.jpg
IMG_1598.jpg IMG_1600.jpg

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
There are some really fine Super 38's posted here. I feel lucky that I was able to obtain the only one I have. I got it with the original box, some paper work and the original sales receipt from 1961. It's not perfect but it's a nice example of one from the early sixties. After I took the original stocks off to clean underneath them, I wasn't able to put them back on because of the shrinkage. I thought I might break them trying to get the screws back into the frame. I decided that ivory would make a good substitute. I just had it out this last weekend and shot 100 rounds through it on some reactive steel targets. Like all Colt automatics, this one is a real pleasure to shoot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Battle of Britain Super

I've enjoyed seeing all the nice Supers on this thread. I picked this Prewar Super .38 up at the Colt Collector's Show a couple weeks ago. It was originally bought from Colt by the British Purchasing Commission in the summer of 1940 and has the Swartz Safety. Red paint was applied on the top of the slide to signify to the user that it was a non-standard caliber weapon. It's in pretty good shape considering that it went to Great Britain and back.

Attachments

·
Banned
346 Posts
The above is a $500 Llama, a used Auto Ordnace that was a pain to get running right. A Kimber that was aces out of the box and a Dan Wesson which is real real nice.

Now for the Colts.

81 - 100 of 140 Posts