Colt Forum banner

101 - 120 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
9,319 Posts
I think Colt discontinued all blued magazines in favor of stainless.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My Classic Super came with a stainless magazine also, but not because they stopped making them, Colt hasn't produced their own magazine for more than 40 years now. Colt used/uses a number of magazine contractors since the 1970s;

M = Metalform
C = Check-Mate Industries, Inc.
O = OKAY INDUSTRIES, INC
G = All the "G" marked magazines I have seen have been counterfeit junk (I called Colt when they first started showing up and Colt had never heard of them).
S = Stainless

Even more contractors if including M1911 & M1911A1 GI mags.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
My Classic Super came with a stainless magazine also, but not because they stopped making them, Colt hasn't produced their own magazine for more than 40 years now. Colt used/uses a number of magazine contractors since the 1970s;

M = Metalform
C = Check-Mate Industries, Inc.
O = OKAY INDUSTRIES, INC
G = All the "G" marked magazines I have seen have been counterfeit junk (I called Colt when they first started showing up and Colt had never heard of them).
S = Stainless

Even more contractors if including M1911 & M1911A1 GI mags.
They haven't made their own magazines in-house for many years, but until recently a new pistol came with two and the finish matched the pistol.

·
Registered
25 Posts
They haven't made their own magazines in-house for many years, but until recently a new pistol came with two and the finish matched the pistol.
And I never said any different, I even stated that mine came with a ​stainless magazine. Sadly Colt's coming with two magazines has been an off and on policy over the years.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Here's my 1952 Super .38 as I got it.
Late 1950's/early 60's era Beckelhymer grips and compensator; thankfully the original owner saved the box.
Not my cup of tea but the grips are quite fancy.
It doesn't look like it was fired much, if at all (but someone still managed to impose a light idiot scratch).
It came from a large collection that had been in storage since the early 60's, a lot of 50's pistols "NIB".
I could only swing a few, and almost passed on this because of its less than stellar visual appeal.

2.jpg
3.JPG
Beck ad.PNG

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
So the .38 Super party started in December of 2013.

I'm a little late.

Oh no! I thought I enjoyed shooting the 9mm, but this pistol is more accurate, probably because it has a fantastic trigger, much better than the 9mm's trigger, and strangely enough, seems to have less recoil. I'm puzzled about that.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Swamprat, I love the patina on that gun. It looks like it has a story to tell. Do you know its history?

·
Registered
9,319 Posts
Swamprat, I love the patina on that gun. It looks like it has a story to tell. Do you know its history?
Hugh (Swamprat) passed away since that posting.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I'm thinking about getting it engraved. Not sure who to send it to. Does Colt still engrave in-house or do they Subcontract that work out to somebody else? Not positive but I think the engraving levels use to be A, B, C ,& D. I'd probably go with B or C traditional engraving.
38SUP.jpg

101 - 120 of 140 Posts