Colt Forum banner

121 - 140 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
It's an awesome cartridge Hanshi...!!

I'm waiting on a CMMG Banshee 300 Mk10 in 10mm...{ stimulating the economy so to speak }.

CALIBER: 10mm
BARREL: 8″, 1:16 twist, Medium Taper, 4140CM, SBN
MUZZLE: SV Brake, threaded .578-28
RECEIVER: Forged 7075-T6 AL Lower, Forged 7075-T6 AL Upper
HAND GUARD: CMMG RML7 M-Lok hand guard
FINISH: Sniper Grey Cerakote Receiver / Hand Guard / Ejection Port Cover
CHARGING HANDLE: CMMG Oversized Ambi
PISTOL GRIP: Magpul MOE
PISTOL BRACE: CMMG RipBrace 6 Position Enhanced Receiver Extension / Ambi Sling Plate
TRIGGER: CMMG Single stage mil-spec style trigger
TRIGGER GUARD: Integrated Into Lower
SAFETY SELECTOR: CMMG Ambi
MAGAZINE: SGM 30rd Glock Magazine
WEIGHT: 5lbs 9oz(unloaded)
LENGTH: 24.3″(brace collapsed)

...Then I'll see that Underwood 1600fps 135gr JHP ( 767 Ft Lbs ) 10mm bullet reach it's full potential.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Just picked up the Colt Talo Commander on Saturday.

Really excited to get out and shoot both of them.

And, when I stopped in lgs to have them send off their FFL to get the commander, they had a 1985 Colt Officer's ACP, mostly unfired, with some slight finish wear, sitting in the display case.

It also found a new home.

·
Registered
55 Posts
:):)All Colt manufactured blued .38 Super auto pistols are AWESOME!!!, this is the finest caliber (.38 Super) for all arround shooting, not very popular , but the 1911 platform is the best for this caliber .From all the handguns you can buy or have this is the best for me!!!! the cartridge has enough energy, flat shooting cartridge to reach out to100yds with no problem, it is more powerful (with FMJ bullets) than the 9mm and has more penetration than a .45ACP caliber handgun which I will locate as my second choice.My choice is .38 Super (for all arround shooting), then the .45ACP and in a very close third place , the 9mm, have in mind that here in my Country we are legaly allowed only to carry FMJ ammo in pistols for self defense purposes!!!!...
Best Regards
RR

·
Registered
237 Posts
:):)All Colt manufactured blued .38 Super auto pistols are AWESOME!!!, this is the finest caliber (.38 Super) for all arround shooting, not very popular , but the 1911 platform is the best for this caliber .From all the handguns you can buy or have this is the best for me!!!! the cartridge has enough energy, flat shooting cartridge to reach out to100yds with no problem, it is more powerful (with FMJ bullets) than the 9mm and has more penetration than a .45ACP caliber handgun which I will locate as my second choice.My choice is .38 Super (for all arround shooting), then the .45ACP and in a very close third place , the 9mm, have in mind that here in my Country we are legaly allowed only to carry FMJ ammo in pistols for self defense purposes!!!!...
Best Regards
RR

The .45 acp is my favorite with the .38 sup in second place. I'm extremely fond of the super and wouldn't be without one.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Here’s both my 1981 Series 70 MkIV Government and my 1970 Combat Commander Lightweight. Both sets of stocks are from Boone Trading Company; sadly neither one is real elephant ivory. My ex-wife did the scrimshaw.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
In the 70s I traded into a rather old beat up Gov in 38 Super with about 500 rounds of shot brass and the reloading dies. It did not impress me. After a year or so I traded it off with about 400 rounds of more shot brass and the reloading dies. Then in 2009 I was with a friend in a LGS. He bought a then new XSE LW Commander in 38 Super. Knowing he did not reload I reminded him that 38 Super was sort of pricey. After a few months he sold it to me for a nice price. It is in the middle with a 2006 XSE LW Commander in 45 on top and a 2015 XSE LW Commander in 9mm on the bottom.

I was impressed enough with it that I bought a 38 Super Gov new in 2013 I think. Nice pistol.

And then in 2018 I bought one of the GCT Lites in 38 Super. Below field stripped soon after I bought it. It has a single spring in it now with a traditional guide rod.

And those are the three 1911s I have in 38 Super but I do have four in 10mm. There is even one Colt in the form of a 1990 Delta Gold Cup.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Those are good looking pistols. I've owned maybe two or three other supers and at least one was a Combat Commander, one another Gov. model and I can almost recall (???) a Commander. This was all 40 plus years ago so my memory can be excused. OTOH I guess I've ended up with a minimum of at least five 9mm pistols over the last 50 years. An S&W 39, a Star "Starlight", an S&W 59 or something like that and two Browning High Powers. Still have a High Power but shoot the super a bit more often.

121 - 140 of 166 Posts