Colt Forum banner

141 - 160 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just joined this site after falling in love with my newly inherited colts. Since I have a 38 super I’ll post mine, but as the colt guy mentioned above, this would fall under run of the mill compared lol. Pre 70 1967 super 38..the shrinking grips seemed to live up to their name on these. Anyone have advice on maintaining these grips would be much appreciated

·
Registered
232 Posts
"Run of the mill"? Maybe. But you have a great pistol in a great caliber; and if you're not satisfied with the accuracy, adjustable sights, custom fitted barrels and other goodies are easily available. I had my series 70 customized this way and I love it.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
I just joined this site after falling in love with my newly inherited colts. Since I have a 38 super I’ll post mine, but as the colt guy mentioned above, this would fall under run of the mill compared lol. Pre 70 1967 super 38..the shrinking grips seemed to live up to their name on these. Anyone have advice on maintaining these grips would be much appreciated

Welcome to the COLT Forum from the Cradle Of Liberty...Pennsylvania !!

Enjoy Our Community Cree...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow, yes what a beauty! Those 50’s colts are my favorite. That one is one of a kind. Jealous....and thanks all for the warm greetings.

·
Registered
47 Posts
A NIB "longslide"? Tell us more, please.

·
Registered
37 Posts
No-it's not a LS....just a 5" govt. The photo angle apparently makes it look that way. take care.
Darrel

·
Registered
47 Posts
Cool, it sure looks like a long slide in the picture. (y)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Deleted

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've always liked those "satin nickel" Colt Commanders/ C. Commanders. I don't know what got into me (the devil?) but I even let that one get away! Oh, the humanity!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I've got a Government Super .38 (which I've had for four or five years) which fell victim to a fit of inspiration a couple of years ago. I decided to modify it so as to replicate a pre-War model. I managed to find all period correct Colt parts (including the hammer, thumb safety, mainspring housing, slide stop, and a milled trigger) and had the barrel blued (other than the hood). In order to get a MSH with the correct Colt checkering, I had to get one with a lanyard loop. I did read somewhere, though, that Colt did make some Super .38s with lanyard loops as special orders from some law enforcement agencies as well as some Latin American governments. The problem now is that I don't want to shoot it and get it dirty! :LOL: (if I can ever get my daughter to take some pictures of it I'll try to post them.)

141 - 160 of 165 Posts