Colt Forum banner

161 - 180 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Here's a 1985 Government MKIV/ Series 80 that I bought years ago. What's interesting is that when you run the serial number through the Colt Serial Number Lookup it not only shows the date, model, caliber, but also the finish description (Nickel) which based on my experience is highly unusual for that to show up on the site. I wish they all did though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Great collection
Thanks, the Special Combat Government gets quite a bit of use. It’s an absolute laser and just a ton of fun to shoot. It begs to be fired just as fast as you can cause it’s so soft and smooth.

The other two are a couple of my favourites but are pretty much safe queens.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Custom DW Valor in DLC barreled in 38 Super, 9mm, and 9x23Win. By Integrity Arms
I love the Superb 38, and I Love Colt’s.
And I have Several of each.
However I am still looking for my first Superb Colt!

Love seeing all the great Gats in this thread.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Reactions: JohnnyMac52

·
Registered
15 Posts
Glad you posted these pictures. I have been told by "experts" that no .38 Supers were built with lanyard loop mainspring housings. Obviously, a few were.
This gun was placed in a shipment of 3 to Phil B Bekeart with no grips it was shipped in February of 1937 right after Phil B Bekeart Died ! Every upgrade is a king mod like it would be as if it was from factory! If you know more I would like to talk more PLS!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
This gun was placed in a shipment of 3 to Phil B Bekeart with no grips it was shipped in February of 1937 right after Phil B Bekeart Died ! Every upgrade is a king mod like it would be as if it was from factory! If you know more I would like to talk more PLS!
Please post the letter if possible. Fascinating gun.

161 - 180 of 186 Posts