Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see your favorite Colt\'s!

Seeing Hawkeye's post made me realize I don't see many photos posted on this site, so I thought I would start one. How about showing some photos of your favorite Colts (or whatever)...

One of my favorite guns, 1947 Government model.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Lets see your favorite Colt\'s!

She shoots great! I have put about 1400 rounds through her with 0 malfunctions! Of course I am talking about 230 GR RN FMJ but she will even handle some hollow points (she seems to have a preference for Remington Golden Sabre). I have owned a lot of Colt's over the years, most from post-war until early 90's models and all have been great shooting, well made weapons. The only 1 exception being a 70s series that some "gunsmith" tinkered with and I had to send to a real gunsmith to get it 100% reliable again. I have owned many "70 series" and "pre 70 series", the 70 series pistols might be more accurate but only marginally. I have also heard stories about the collet bushing breaking after hard use (or whatever) and jamming the gun up but have never experienced it myself after firing thousands of rounds through my 70 series guns....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Lets see your favorite Colt\'s!

Michael Stern, very nice pair of revolvers and nice photo too. Now that I have figured out how to post photos I guess I need to learn how to take better photos. Any tips, or maybe a site that you know of???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.