Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Re: Lets see your favorite Colt\'s!

Here, here! I agree. I'd be happy to join you, but I'm somewhat camera challenged! Michael, which do you like to shoot better - the OMM or the SM? They ARE gorgeous! Like that old timey .45, too, automan! I always like the idea of being able to take the gun apart and really clean it, which I just won't do with a Colt 2X revolver. How does the .45 shoot? What opinions have you about the newer barrels, collet bushing, etc.?

·
Registered
535 Posts

Where? Who? What? Well, .45 man and Michael Stern, ... still just us, huh? And the only camera I have - or am likely to have - is a Polaroid! (I like the camera but it's not much use on these pages, is it?) Someday, I want to shoot one of those Shooting Masters. I've owned a WWI .45 and an Officer's Model Match and they were both great guns, but the SM's not something you come across every day. They did make those in .357, didn't they?

·
Registered
535 Posts

Thanks, Michael, for the tip about the SM! No guns for me for another coupla' months 'till bonus time. Then ... the SM is high on the list, that's for sure! Mr. Tusker - GREAT picture! I know who Fitzgerald of Colt fame was - is that who's honor the "fitz," on your patch is? Over?

·
Registered
535 Posts

Oh, my! My dear RM Vivas ... I'll buy one of your books! You write very well, Sir. And I agree 100% with everything you say! If I was lonely and a female, I'd want to get to know you better!! (And I STILL plan to buy one of your DS's!) FWW, you may be interested in a parallel of the Colt business. Since I've been a musician all my life, I've seen the same thing happen to King and Bach band instruments ( the horns Dorsey and Miller played,) and Hammond Organ and Steinway piano. (Ever hear of them?!)Thoughtful pun intended. BUT LAY OFF THE UNIONS! The unions only get what they can for the workers. No blood from no turnips. If it wasn't for the guy on the shop floor, etc., etc. I think you know what I think management can do. I just wish people weren't so, literally, no curse intended, GD greedy. What would have happened to any of these companies if they 've gone Co-Op in the 30's? They'd STILL make the BEST product in the world and, "if you build a better mouse-trap ..."
I share your feelings about Colt and understand completely. And thanks for the great pix! Nothing NYPD will buy? Is that right? Doesn't NYPD carry Glocks like the rest of the world?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.