Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Re: Lets see your favorite Colt\'s!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rcwambold:
...Michael, which do you like to shoot better - the OMM or the SM? ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The O.M. feels like a more balanced gun in my hand than the SM ... although I wouldn't ever kick either one out of the gun bag!

·
Registered
99 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 45automaticman:
Michael Stern, very nice pair of revolvers and nice photo too. Now that I have figured out how to post photos I guess I need to learn how to take better photos. Any tips, or maybe a site that you know of???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm certainly no pro, but the one piece of advice I got, and can pass along, is that you want to use indirect rather than direct light. In other words, a built-in camera flash that shoots the light right at the subject will wash it out. If you can get an auxiliary flash that allows you to "bounce" the light off the ceiling or a white card, that will produce those nice, evenly lit pictures. If that's not possible, the best alternative is to take the pictures outdoors on a hazy day when the sunlight is diffuse rather than harsh. FWIW!

·
Registered
99 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rcwambold:
...the SM's not something you come across every day. They did make those in .357, didn't they?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the one in the picture is a .357, made in 1940 and billed to me as having belonged to bullet-maker Vernon Speer (but no formal provenance on that). There's a .38 SM currently listed on Auction Arms, but who knows what the reserve is...
http://www.auctionarms.com/Search/DisplayItem.cfm?ItemNum=5568121

·
Registered
99 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WS23:
The auction referenced above does not have a reserve. So his opening bid ($695) is what he is willing to take.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right you are. If someone gets it at that price, and if it's as described, that's a pretty good deal, I.M.O.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.