Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is actually my first letter. I just had to see if this gun had a Hollywood connection since I knew it came from southern California and it had been modified for fast draw slightly and nicely re-nickeled. A gamble that didn't pay off. In 1984 I bought a S&W kit gun at a pawn shop for $189, was later told it was stolen and had to return it, then got $450 credit in the store for my trouble. I chose a factory nickel 4 3/4 " 2nd Gen. .357 then traded that more valuable gun for this one. The gamble was a bust except my curiosity is finally satisfied. I've heard of this gunshop before in San Diego. BTW. I sent for the letter on 11-11-13 and got it 1-30-14. Way early than Colt's 120 day estimate.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Whow! 2nd gen from 7 1/2 blue 45 with probably black plastic grips to 4 3/4 nickel 357 with stags. Quite a change!

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whow! 2nd gen from 7 1/2 blue 45 with probably black plastic grips to 4 3/4 nickel 357 with stags. Quite a change!
Actually, Hugh, it was a 4 3/4"nickel .357 with factory wood grips that I traded for this renickeled 7 1/2" .45. The .357 had scratches, a filed down front sight, and a thinned trigger guard. It was a nice gun and a rare variation, I believe. But I still like my old .45 better. It's been used in cowboy shoots, reenactment gunfights for tourists, literally kept under my pillow by camp fires, carried as a camp gun, and packed hiking the Sierra foothills. I've owned it longer than any SAA I own now, and is the third one I ever had.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.