Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to send off for a Colt letter on a nickeled Marshal. Do they only need the serial number and a check? I also see no address listed.

Did the prices come down? I remember when the Aircrewman letter was going for $300. Now they're asking $100

Colt Letter

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
The address for Colt Archrive Services is the same as for Colt Manfuacturing Company. (See the web site "contact us" for the address.) Make the funds payable to Colt Archive Services, not Colt Manufacturing Company. The service is really slow, taking three to four months. The current cost schedule seems the same to me, but then I do not review it very often.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Go to the Colt's Manufacturing web site and click the "Contact us" button. Use the information provided for Customer Service. They are closed for lunch from noon to 1pm eastern time. Call the toll free number, punch the buttons for Customer Service, and ask for the Archive Department. Tell the person you want to submit a request for a factory letter, and they will mail you several pages of information, including a form and price schedule. Fill out the form and send it along with payment to the address listed. Wait. Then, wait some more. Wait a little more. And then, wait. From what I understand, you'll eventually get the letter.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
About a year ago I located this form online. Now I can't find it. Guess I'll have to make the call.

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
You do not need the form. I have several dozen letters and have never used the form. I just send the serial number and a brief description of the gun. Then wait. About three to four months has been my experience.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The package I got from the archive department included the previously mentioned "form," actually, more like a small checklist ("Answer the following 6 questions..."), a price schedule that can be found on the colt web site, and a two-page list of books relating to Colt Firearms. The booklist may be worth the phone call if you happen to be like me, and not know very much about Colts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts