Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
Sad to hear. I guess the prices of Horton special edition guns just went up.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
While I won't claim I have spent a lot of time researching their guns.....most of them that I have seen weren't very appealing....

·
Banned
346 Posts
Earl was good until they started charging for a letter of authenticity. Got me for $25, not a lot but it was one of their guns a BSS Delta, real sharp piece.

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Wow, that's a shocker!! I can't help but wonder why:confused:
This makes me wonder:
Jack First Gun Parts;
OUR MERCHANT PROVIDER HAS DECIDED TO NOT SUPPORT OUR 65 YEAR BUSINESS BECAUSE WE SELL SPRINGS AND SCREWS FOR 100 YEAR OLD FIREARMS. PLEASE BEAR WITH US AS WE MAKE A CHANGE TO A MORE 2ND AMMENDMENT-FRIENDLY MERCHANT PROVIDER. FOR NOW, TO PLACE AN ORDER, PLEASE PRINT OUT YOUR SHOPPING CART, AND CALL OUR FRIENDLY, KNOWLEDGEABLE PARTS EXPERTS AT 605-343-9544, M-F 9-6 MT.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Really hate to hear that.
Kind of make you wonder if the U.S. firearm industry is going the way of the U.S. auto industry. Roughly 100(+/-) auto manufacturers in the early 1900's and fewer than 20 today.

·
Administrator
7,002 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I think Lew Horton will provide a substantiating letter on any firearm sold through them. If this is the case you might want to get these while the getting is good.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
They would take "Classic Guns" such as Colts and Smiths and make them to specifications that were not available.

Not many more "Classic Guns" being made anymore. Hard to dress up plastic guns. Talo is still doing it.............but how many different ways can you sell a Ruger LCP, LC9, 1022 etc. The few "Better" guns that they offer are very pricey.

I can totally understand what happened to Lew Horton.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
I knew Jack and his family when they ran "The Gunshop" in Lancaster Ca. before moving to Rapid City. I bought this " one of 300" Lew Horton special S&W 66-3 from the gunshop but cant recall if it was before or after they sold out. I thought possibly it was a overrun of Horton's? Jack was a distributor for both Smith and Colts and most everything else. Think I should get it documented?? Jack died and I suppose his daughter runs the business. Oddly I spotted another 66-3 Lew Horton one of three hundred just like mine at another gun shop three miles down the road from Jacks shop maybe a month later after I bought mine and have never seen another!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts