Colt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up Friday. I plan to run a few hundred rounds through it Friday and decide what to do with it. Love the way it feels in my hand and the balance is ideal for me.

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Sharp looking piece. Talo also does a good job commissioning Colt's on some of their offerings. You may shoot those rounds and decide to keep it! Report back as to what you do. :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
congratulations it's a very nice commander. Is it a new issue or one that is out of production. let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
congratulations it's a very nice commander. Is it a new issue or one that is out of production. let us know how it shoots.
This is one of the limited run pistols from the late 80's. I had read 1 of 250, but I don't know how accurate that number is. This one is in the low 30's.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Talo just did a special edition with the same name in 2010....had not seen the Lew Horton one before.
If you keep it...that trigger has to go :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Very nice sir, would make a fine CCW, in my opinion.Smooth looking gat...congrats.Mike

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A little update. I did decide to keep this one. I sent it to Chuck Rogers of Rogers Precision and he is doing some work on it for me. I'm thrilled that I was able to get this to him and I am excited to see the finished product. It won't look quite the same...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Looks like they filled in most of you Night Commander. I kind of like the shiny original way where the rollmark was there. Sure it shoots allot better though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts