Colt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They just got this "minty" cobra in. It looks like she was made yesterday. They got it from the original owner. She was so nice I couldn't let her leave with anyone but me. Are these stock original to gun? SN is AC1410 and I cant find the number on proof house.

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
I think the stocks are for an early Colt Agent. I do think some of the early Colt shrouded barrel Cobras came with the smaller duty stocks. If I'm wrong on either of these please correct me.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
I recently seen a few NIB shrouded barrel D-frames (Cobra/Detective Special) with these "old" style grips. I believe some very early production shrouded barrel guns came through this way.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I believe the Cobras with the AC prefix were the last to be made, probably in 1994. Here is one I bought new in '95 and the stocks that were on it.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I have a 90s vintage Cobra with ACO prefix ,a parts cleanup. As stated these came with the rubber grips ,they also lacked the top strap serrations of the older 70s vintage revolvers. Colt stated these late model Cobras were ok for 1000 rounds of plus p before being checked Those stocks appear to be from a post 66 Agent. Add a T grips and you are good to go

·
Registered
297 Posts
The stocks on the OP's gun appear to be from a 50's Agent. I'm not sure what years they were produced. Maybe '55? My '74 Cobra came with the stocks I don't like, the non medallion fat ones. I put the late post '66 stocks on my Cobra along with a Tyler. Are these stocks also referred to as Agent, or just short? The original Agent stocks are flush with the butt, mine cover it.
I removed the Tyler as its's not comfortable with those stocks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts