Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a light load pushing a 77gn lead RN using Bullseye. I save fired cases, so I want the ejected cases to just clear the slide.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
The chasing and searching for spent brass(especially after my Border Collie,who'd catch them, has gone to the "Big Frisbee Tourney in Heaven") and the failure of certain loads to feed and function,is why I ONLY reload for revolvers for last decade.

A great old load that I read about by Al Shea using in late 1940's,was a 77 gr/ lead cast hollow point for a .30 Luger with TWO(2.0) grs. of Bullseye. Al had just had a 6" bbl and target sights put on his Model M by a gunsmith Conn.,and this is the load he used,saying it was mild,and capable of 1" groups at 25 yds!!!

Another problem of semi autos is what WILL function and eject "neatly" in one gun,WON'T in another gun of the same model. You have so many factors like spring tensions,metal to metal friction on the slide/frame etc.

Would check this out in a MODERN reloading manual,as some say newer lots of powder are "more powerful" than the ones from decades ago-BUT-just looked in the latest Allant(maker of Bullseye) manual,and they give 2.2 Bullseye,with a 71gr. Full Metal Jacket,as OK for the .32 auto.

Good Luck;had one of these .32 Colt Model Ms about 20 years ago,and it was a very accurate and reliable gun,as well as being E-Z to conceal. Would have loved to have fired the one Al had with the 6" bbl. and the front and rear target sights by the long dead gunsmith from the 40's,Mr. Durmond. With a small Maxim type silencer on the the muzzle of the 2+ inch longer bbl. of the new barrel,would have made a great "hitman tool". Total cost for Al to have this done around 1945,new barrel,gold bead front sight and new rear sight was TEN BUCKS!

Bud /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I'll start with 2 gn of Bullseye and adjust for functioning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts