Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
That is so cool!!! Gun looks nice!! I would imagine an original crate would be a welcome addition to collectors. Where in the world did you find it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rifle was found in Connecticut so not far from where it was made. It had been in the crate forever. There was a ton of built up dust. How long does it take to build up dust with the cover on. I expect many many years. Serial #13XX so made in 1888, 22 caliber. As I said overall 95% with the bore being 7-8. This is the fourth one I have had but the nicest one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The rifle was found in Connecticut so not far from where it was made. It had been in the crate forever. There was a ton of built up dust. How long does it take to build up dust with the cover on. I expect many many years. Serial #13XX so made in 1888, 22 caliber. As I said overall 95% with the bore being 7-8. This is the fourth one I have had but the nicest one.

The stock was very dry so I put some furniture polish on it and let it sit overnight and wiped it dry and it looks much better.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you are interested in further info on this gun I just listed it in the for sale side. thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts