Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, on my Pedersoli Lightning Rifle when the rifle is cocked, ie. the hammer back and the fore end in the forward postion, there is a bit of front to back wiggle in the fore end. Is that normal? Would the originals have a more solid lockup?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? Should the fore end lock up solid?
Mine has some play, does not seem to affect function but it is annoying. Just wondering if I should have it looked at or if it's just the way they are designed.

·
Registered
9,436 Posts
I have an identical Pedersoli in .357 and it exhibits a little play fore-and-aft but more side-to-side play in the fore-end. I'm guessing it's probably due to manufacturing tolerances and all will show it it to varying degrees.

Reactions: MarkInTx

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Mine has some fore-and-aft play as well. I've never messed with an original other than getting to hold it but I thing it is the nature of the beast.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just thought I would update this post. I got to handle an original Colt Lightning .38-40 in a gun shop today. It had the same wiggly-ness as my repro. The shop owner said he thought it was how they all are, at least the several he has seen. Lots of old guns in his shop, it was neat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts