Colt Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
The last BSS Wilkerson offered up for sale went for over $80K, and the SS Wilkerson around $40K. Several others will go for $10K - $20K each. There are some VERY serious high dollar Pythons in that stack and the dollars will add up quickly. .
EXACTLY!
There is serious, above my pay grade, Pythonage in that collection... including my 'Grail' Colt revolver...

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
wow! very nice, I see a couple custom shop pythons and a double diamond in that batch. :cool:

not to mention the rarely seen s&w pythons on the far right. :p
Yea since this is the Colt forum I didn’t mention the pile of S&Ws I got including the nicest registered Magnum I have ever put my hands on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
And to think I'm having a hard time justifying the purchase of just one Python...lol.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
They will all roll at a penny over the next year.
Awesome collection. Curious though, why don't you just sell some of them instead of auction? Some guys may want a gun at the time and don't have patience to wait for the auction. If you have them appraised and surely you know the value of them so then why not add a BIN or sell some? I.E. someone wants to buy a certain Python and would spend 4K but wants it now. He has the money to spend, doesn't want to wait 10 plus days for an auction or 10 months for it to be listed, doesn't do the auction thing or doesn't want to get into a last 15 min back and forth bidding war (there's collectors etc. who are just that way). I.E. The gun is at a no reserve auction and you had it appraised at 4K and it sells for $3500. That's a $500 loss you could've had with a potential buyer who was ready to spend the money but didn't wanna do the auction thing. And by all means, I'm not dictating how you should run your business and I know you are known for pristine collector firearms but, just curious why as to why you don't sell some? And I'm not saying to sell all them as some will do great on the auction block but it would be nice to offer a few for sale and maybe some on the forum or at least an auction with a BIN option. Just saying. Anyway, superb collection and best of luck!

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Awesome collection. Curious though, why don't you just sell some of them instead of auction? Some guys may want a gun at the time and don't have patience to wait for the auction. If you have them appraised and surely you know the value of them so then why not add a BIN or sell some? I.E. someone wants to buy a certain Python and would spend 4K but wants it now. He has the money to spend, doesn't want to wait 10 plus days for an auction or 10 months for it to be listed, doesn't do the auction thing or doesn't want to get into a last 15 min back and forth bidding war (there's collectors etc. who are just that way). I.E. The gun is at a no reserve auction and you had it appraised at 4K and it sells for $3500. That's a $500 loss you could've had with a potential buyer who was ready to spend the money but didn't wanna do the auction thing. And by all means, I'm not dictating how you should run your business and I know you are known for pristine collector firearms but, just curious why as to why you don't sell some? And I'm not saying to sell all them as some will do great on the auction block but it would be nice to offer a few for sale and maybe some on the forum or at least an auction with a BIN option. Just saying. Anyway, superb collection and best of luck!
My consignee wants the whole batch auctioned. I asked him if I got any high offers should I contact him with it. He said no let them all roll. So roll they shall.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I get all kinds of answers to this question, but I have a late 60's Python, 4 inch blue in very nice shape, but can't seem to figure out an asking price. Pythons are high these days, and I hear some are going for outrageous prices. Is there an average price these days?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I get all kinds of answers to this question, but I have a late 60's Python, 4 inch blue in very nice shape, but can't seem to figure out an asking price. Pythons are high these days, and I hear some are going for outrageous prices. Is there an average price these days?
We need pictures. The more the better. And if you have the box we need all those pictures. And we need to know the year. The serial number would be good. You could give it in an NNNNXX format would be fine.

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Please let us know when you start listing them in case were not all watching gun broker day today thanks Tom. I’d be interested in any 1965‘s you might have so I’ll be on the lookout for those

K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Please let us know when you start listing them in case were not all watching gun broker day today thanks Tom. I’d be interested in any 1965‘s you might have so I’ll be on the lookout for those

K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same bat time same bat channel every Sunday 9 EST.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts