Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got on to doing some loading, and decided to do some .44 'S & W Special' for my "New Service" Target, and for my early S & W 2nd Model Hand Ejector.

Doing one Box of Fifty, of 3 F "Swiss" powered 215 Grain Wadcutters and likewise "50" Swiss-BP with 250 Grain tall Wadcutters...and, one Box of 215 Grain Wadcutters over 6.5 Grains of Unique.

"Range Report" will follow sometime while-we're-young

Image showing ( the 25 Grains of 'Swiss' 3 F Black Powder ) Cartridges-in-Progress; Primed, Mouths flared a teeny bit, charged, and getting their Bees Wax /Paper Towel Lube Wafers -

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
"Matts Bullets" ( they have some nice Bullet offerings for old Guns, including many hard to find Wadcutters )...meant for Smokeless, so I have to Boil off the Wax Lube the Lube Groove come with when Loading them with Black Powder...

Lube for these are my Bees Wax 'Discs' 0ut of Bees Wax impregnated Paper Towel strips, from which I cut out the small Discs, which go between Powder and Bullet.

The "Unique" Loadings, I dip Lubed the Bullets, then removed excess Lube ( Bees Wax ) with my 'Ideal' Bullet Sizer, and lucky me, I had actually planned ahead months ago, and gotten a .429 Sizer Die and had by sheer chance, a suitable Top-Punch.

So, two Boxes of Black Powder Loads, and one Box of Smokeless - "Done" and Range Ready...

Hosted on Fotki

·
Registered
621 Posts
I really like that 215 grain wad cutter.
I had a caster who made 190 grain full wad cutter cast bullets for me. Unfotunately it was a 2 cavity mold & he got tired casting so many two at a time. It was truly fantastic in my 44 special.

The LEE guys need to step up to the plate & offer some different molds, like one for your 215 wc & a 155 grain 40 S&W swc.

·
Registered
10,180 Posts
Use to shoot a Lyman wadcutter, think it was 429348, in my early S&W .44 Magnum. It was around 180/185 grains, and shot great out of the .44 Magnum.

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mmmm!

That sounds like a nice one..!

I looked it up, perfect shape for my interests also..!

Thanks for that mention JohnnyP..!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts