Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FYI only, this is off their web site. Colt Dragoon .41 cal 7 1/2", Colt SAA .45 7 1/2, Colt Python 357 6" described as a wood boxed bicentennial set matching serial numbers with " ARMSMEAR" book. No mention regarding condition. Auction is Oct 12 no reserve,no minimum.

Update, I attended auction.Condition was NIB, no buyers premium, guns went for $4000 plus sales tax. Auctioneer was disappointed at low sell.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
The numerous replies to this thread reflect the vast interest in that particular set. A condo in Cleveland is a faster sell than that particular set of guns. I owned a set once,,,,, once. I thought I was going to have to keep the set another 200 years before I found a buyer.

John

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
That is too funny. On a side note I would like to have a "standard" Python with a unfluted cylinder
The numerous replies to this thread reflect the vast interest in that particular set. A condo in Cleveland is a faster sell than that particular set of guns. I owned a set once,,,,, once. I thought I was going to have to keep the set another 200 years before I found a buyer.

John

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
I tried to buy a set when they first came out. I believe the price was $1,600.00 at the time. I called Colt and they were all sold already. I would have thought that the value would be better then it is now. I just liked the set and probably wouldn't have sold it any time soon. But I'm not going to pay what mosy people want for them now.

·
Registered
463 Posts
i sold 8 of the browning bi-centennnial sets from 1976..the 30-06 /20 guage continental gun,and 4 other items,a lever gun,hi-power.they were going for 10 to 12 thousand.
some of the sets were under serial 20
i was thinking back then i should buy a couple sets.glad i didn't,as i see them going for the same price today or less ,35 years later.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Seems like many of the sets have been broken up - you can buy individual guns on gunbroker most of the time, which may be a good way to get value out. At the right price, I'd be a buyer - the worksmanship is great, as is the presentation...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.