Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey Guys -this is a shot of a six inch Python -----I have 4 +2 1/2 inchers but no 6" -----is this correct /normal barrel?/--Thanks in advance
"

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Looks like a normal, run-of-the-mill 6" nickel Python to me. They made them in all three lengths.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I don't get it /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

It looks like your everyday, run-of-the-mill, standard gorgeous nickel 6" Python.

Am I so dazzled by its magnificence that I'm missing something here?

db68, great minds think alike!! You read my mind and beat me to the punch by mere seconds!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am referring to the SPIRAL brrl.-last pic

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No reflection -I enlarged it and studied it on a pic program -it is spiralled -----????????????

·
Registered
715 Posts
If it truly is spiralled, then it's a first for me. I have a hard time believing it would come out of the factory like that and I don't see the point in doing it afterwards either.

Until I see close-up, detailed pix, I'm going to sound like a "Loch Ness monster" skeptic and say it's a reflection or powder residue or something.

My 2¢ /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,693 Posts
"I enlarged it and studied it on a pic program"

By this, I assume you don't actually have the Python, just a picture.
In spite of your program, this is an optical illusion, caused by the mirror-bright nickel plated, flat muzzle.

I once polished the muzzle of a stainless Python mirror bright, and under the right light it too looked like that.

I UN-polished the muzzle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts