Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
price sounds high, check the timing, see threads about how to on this forum. To put the price in perspective, I bought my 4in blue python from a private party for $450.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Don't go by any prices in the under $500 range because they don't exist in real life. It can happen if the seller is not aware of what they are selling.
It's hard enough to buy a King Cobra in that range today.
The box alone should add $50 or so.
I would have to agree that $700-$750 with box sounds about right depending on how much wear it really is showing. The new Python Elite will set ya back a GRAND (for a comparison sake)
Just my 2 pesos.

By the way, I'll buy ALL your Pythons in 98% or better for $450.
That's right ALL.
Thanks, Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well,
I've always been interested in the Colt Python, just don't see too many of them around. there are a few shops that I check in with on a regular basis, and today came by a 4" Python with box box. there is a touch of wearing on the blueing at the forward edge of the Barrel. Serial Number is V236**.

Everything seemed to feel pretty good and it balanced well. Definately felt more "mechanical" than my S&W's if that makes sence. Any recommendations as to what to look for? Asking price was $950

Still new to the Colts.

Thanks,
Copperhead

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks,

I thought it sounded a bit high. The seller says he wants that much because 4" models are scarce. The bit of wear is about 1mm along the edge of the barrel crown. It's similar to what I have seen on guns after a few holsterings. Other than that, It looks almost unfired. Rubber grips.

I may offer less and see if he will take it. I have heard that he sets his prices a bit high and will come down if pressed.

Copperhead

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
4" models are NOT scarce. Now 2 1/2" is another ballgame.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts