Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not having any success finding a pre-made new or used set of walnut or rosewood double diamond checkered grips with Colt rampant silver/pewter medallions for my stainless steel .45 Combat Commander. I've come across a set or two with gold medallions but I really want to hold out for a silver/pewter set which I think will better complement my Colt.
Can I get a recommendation of a custom grip maker that can carve me a set or even cleanly just install a set of medallions in an available existing double diamond checkered set?

Wood

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Swamprat has suggested that I find a set of 1911 checkered double diamond grips with the gold rampant Colt medallion and he will switch them out with his silver/pewter medallions. Problem is that I cannot to date find a set of those grips to send him. The best that I have seen and would buy immediately are on midwayusa but they are on backorder/overdue. There are a lot of similar styles out there for sale but they all have a smooth scrolled wandering border around the checkered field that to me resembles a glitzy tuxedo prom jacket from the eighties. Full checkering with double diamonds plus a hole for a silver medallion is what I want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.