Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A local seller in my area is listing a 1974 nickel Python. His description and pics below. He is asking $2k.......
Your thoughts are welcomed.

"Pristine, perfect and mint don't even come close to describing this 1974 Colt Python in gorgeous nickel.
Any imperfections are my poor camera skill, reflections or dust. Finish is perfect, as new.

Timing is perfect, no end shake and locks up vault tight.

Grips are perfect as well, gold is wearing off of medallions, I have more pictures upon request.

Box is not matched to revolver, but comes 100% complete.

$2,000.

'

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
The box and papers don't add to the value. I don't know if they are even correct for a 74 Python. Price might be a bit high in light of the aforementioned. Hard to keep up with Python prices these days. Still, a 4" Nickel Python is a desirable Colt handgun. How long till you see another one, and how bad do you want it? Maybe offer $1800 cash and see if seller is interested. Good luck. As always, JMHO.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
$2K is a good price if in the condition you say. Hard to tell since the pictures don't enlarge. The last one I sold with matching box and papers went for $2700.

·
Registered
168 Posts
$2K is a fair price for a '74 Nickel Python in that condition. It's a beautiful piece. Make the offer if you want it in your collection. It won't be available long.

·
Registered
64 Posts
They will never be produced like that one again ...... :cool:

Price is appropriate if a buyer is interested.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I pulled the trigger today and bought the Python for $1,900. She looks to be as close to perfect as I have seen.
Also no indications that it has been fired. But i don't own safe queens, so she will be fired some while she lives with me.
I will post up fresh pics later but honestly I doubt mine will be as clear as the seller's pics were.

Thanks again for all the advice,

Jim R

1 - 12 of 12 Posts