Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched this section and have read much about Anacondas. I was stunned by the thread about the "fake" Anaconda someone found on Gunbroker. I looked at the auction and the gun looked great to me, but reading the posts, I know now that I need a much better eye. What do you look for in photos that would tip you off about this kind of scam? I probably would have fallen for it if the price wasn't so high compared to others. I am looking for a 4 incher. Are they that much less common than the others?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I can't say how many 4" were made, but I try to keep close to the gun store sales, especially if they provide a business phone#. Needless to say, a gealthy feedback rating is the first and most significant.As far as buying what is advertised- used is always a given. Noone lies about a used gun, it's just plain ole' used.As for the NIB sales, and even the "original box" sales: those are the ones you have to be wary about. Other guys on here may be able to help you out. The problem is that the old dogs here really don't want to "educate" a scammer (understandably) that may wander onto this thread. Your best bet is to make a friend here that will off to look at a listing for you and give you his opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts