Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Looks like 1954 Tom. Take note of this link as it will likely come in handy in the future for date of manufacture.
http://proofhouse.com/colt/

Or if you want to spend a couple of bucks get the little pocket Colt's Dates of Manufacture by R.L Wilson. That way you can take it with you to gun shows and gun shops while looking for that treasure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks WS. I should have asked two hours ago before I looked for a link like that and never found it. I was going to make two call tomorrow; one to Colt to ask and the other to order Wilson's book. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
greeting is your .357 a two-tone ?/are the cylinder flutes a different color than the blueing of the revolver ?/please advise rob

·
Registered
388 Posts
I agree that it looks like 1954. I have serial number 63xx from that year. It is a 4". Is yours? Mine is a two-tone. The cylinder flutes and the bottom of the frame, and top strap are matte, the rest is polished blue.

[This message has been edited by Nframe_is_no1 (edited 12-12-2004).]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This one is a 4" and after looking at it a little closer the flutes are a matte finish as well as the underside of the frame. I just assumed it was wear or dulling of the finish. This one actually belongs to a friend of mine and I'm normally a S&W guy myself but I am pretty impressed with the action and accuracy of this piece. It's butter smooth and locks up like a bank vault and the timing is dead on. If it were a 6" I'd take it off his hands for myself but I've got enough toys and couldn't justify another unless I could put it to work once a year as a deer gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts