Colt Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
That's correct Jimmy, the serial number range picked-up where the M1911A1s ended when they introduced the pistol in 1991. The gun pictured is nothing more than a stock series 80 Model O1911/1991A1 commonly referred to as the New Roll Mark. My Old Roll Mark from 1997 is 2771208, my NRM from 2005 was 2816413.
I changed the triggers and MSH, (and hammer on the 2005) they came from Colt with long and arched. ETA, the stainless steel O1991/M1991A1s (ORMs) had their own serial number range.

ORM
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Material property Red

NRM
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Maybe Turnbull priced it like this to get people to ask questions on gun forums why it is priced so high.....
Ingenious ad campaign......more fuel for his plane..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
Maybe Turnbull priced it like this to get people to ask questions on gun forums why it is priced so high.....
Ingenious ad campaign......more fuel for his plane..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Funny you mention that - I've had a gun at Turnbull since December and was going for a full polish, remark and refinish. I'd actually forgotten mostly about it, being gone that long and this thread made me go look at the invoice again. Then I started thinking "man, that's a lot of money to shell out, that I think I now want to repurpose on other ventures". At the time I sent it, I was all in and looking forward to it. Times have changed that view. That old tired looking Colt is headed back to me as we speak, although their return shipping price seemed like kind of an "F U for cancelling price". If they'd have gotten to it sooner or not been on such a high end of the price spectrum, I'd likely have continued with it.

It would have been different if it was a gun sent out for custom engraving or building it into something new. All this would have done is restore it to look like it was new, on a nothing special gun that I could spend about the same and get one close to new original condition, maybe even less.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts