Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought one of these because it's a beautiful gun, and I got it for $400 (big sale on single actions at my local range)... I know nothing about this specific model, and the internet is kind of all over the place with info on this gun. Does anyone know about this beautiful gun? Some sites say that it was only made in 1962 and only 1000 were made.
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Screen

·
Registered
626 Posts
my understanding is they came out in 62 the 50th anniversary for New Mexico Statehood. I have seen two this year LNIB sell locally for $400. I don't know how many were made.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
16,428 Posts
The Blue Book says the New Mexico Golden Anniversary Frontier Scout .22 was issued in 1962.
There were 1000 made with serial numbers running from 001NMA to 1000NMA.
The issue price was $80, and the current value is listed at $595.

As is always the case with commemorative firearms, value is based on an absolutely new, unfired gun in the original packaging with ALL papers and documents.
If it's been fired one shot or is missing anything, value drops like a stone, especially in the much-sold Scout commemorative models.

·
Registered
7,288 Posts
To add another thought to this: To me, these guns are more interesting because they reflect the time of manufacture (1960's) more than the subjects of the commemorations. The cosmetics of the guns, boxes, paperwork, etc. all shout 1960's styling.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I really couldn't care less about the 50th anniversary of New Mexico (no offense to New Mexico residents and advocates), I just really love the look of this gun, and the absolute perfect condition its in. I just found a couple that sold on auction sites from $650-900. I think I did alright! Thanks for all the info!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.