Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Questions I have - was there a target version offered? If I get one what model is preferable? I have a lot of factory loaded ammo and plan to reload for it so that is not an issue. I have 150 rounds of ammo, all of it made from 1950's - 1970's.

·
Premium Member
6,692 Posts
There were 24 target bisleys and 91 flat top target SAAs in 41 Colt. Those will be priced pretty high for most collectors. After that the standard models of those are more affordable. Then you have the choice of 41 DA ( old obsolete action) or the “modern” army special 41 for double actions with fixed sights in 4, 4 1/2, 5 and 6” barrels.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I see some "New Army" versions on GI. There is a pretty good Bisley on GI also in that caliber. Maybe the Bisley is a better choice since there are more folks who work on those. I occasionally see the 41 DA versions at local gun shows, typically for less than $1K regardless of condition.

·
Premium Member
6,692 Posts
I am seeing a lot of Colt Model 1877's in this caliber too, staying away from those....
Yea, I forgot about those. I own a bisley and an army special in 41 Colt. Happy with both. A SAA in 41 colt would be nice to have as well. A few years ago, 41 colts sold cheap, not anymore unless your lucky. If a 1877 or a DA41 works, you may be fine for occasional shooting.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
I have a couple of .41 Cotls, an 1890 El Paso shipped single action that Jim Martin has worked on and fit a 38-40 cylinder and an 1877 that is in need of an expert's touch. I enjoy shooting the single action but if I were in the market for a .41 shooter...I would look for a modern Army Special in decent to good shape.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a couple of .41 Cotls, an 1890 El Paso shipped single action that Jim Martin has worked on and fit a 38-40 cylinder and an 1877 that is in need of an expert's touch. I enjoy shooting the single action but if I were in the market for a .41 shooter...I would look for a modern Army Special in decent to good shape.
Thanks, I made an offer on one. We will see what happens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts