195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
501 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Looking to get another 1911. What do y'all recommend that won't break my wallet. Does Colt provide a solid basic 1911?
I was thinking about something like this.

Classic 1911
You answered your own question.

"The 1911 Classic features the Series 70 firing system and rollmarks, national match barrel, staked on front sights, and spurred hammer. Corrosion-resistant stainless steel and chambered in .45 ACP, this firearm is a pure and simple 1911 designed for you to make it your own. Also available in .38 Super and blued finish."

What more do you want?

Or you could get one of these, if you could still find one. No rollmarks, no sights. No phony looking (just my opinion) "U.S." stocks, no pseudo-military-G.I.-wannabe. Make it as basic or fancy as you wish, the choice is yours. Wish I'd have bought one when they were more readily available. It might have gone straight to Cogan Custom, who knows. Especially if I'd found a blued one.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Automotive exterior

·
Registered
631 Posts
My newest 1911 is a compact New Agent, and it is twelve year old now. It is a well made and reliable gun that even being carried on a very regular basis still looks great, the front of the slide is just now starting to show holster wear. So, my vote is for a Colt.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You answered your own question.

"The 1911 Classic features the Series 70 firing system and rollmarks, national match barrel, staked on front sights, and spurred hammer. Corrosion-resistant stainless steel and chambered in .45 ACP, this firearm is a pure and simple 1911 designed for you to make it your own. Also available in .38 Super and blued finish."

What more do you want?

Or you could get one of these, if you could still find one. No rollmarks, no sights. No phony looking (just my opinion) "U.S." stocks, no pseudo-military-G.I.-wannabe. Make it as basic or fancy as you wish, the choice is yours. Wish I'd have bought one when they were more readily available. It might have gone straight to Cogan Custom, who knows. Especially if I'd found a blued one.

View attachment 787095

View attachment 787096
"What more do you want?"
For starters, having them in stock.

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Looking to get another 1911. What do y'all recommend that won't break my wallet. Does Colt provide a solid basic 1911?
I was thinking about something like this.
Classic 1911
"What more do you want?"
For starters, having them in stock.
You asked a question that you already knew the answer to. I answered you anyway. Finding them in stock? You aren't going to find one if you don't look.

I haven’t seen a new Colt in a gun shop or online in awhile.
I’d buy a new 1911 @ $1000, if someone had one to sell.
They're out there. But again, you have to look. Especially online, because on sites like GunBroker, they'll be mixed in with all sorts of other "Colts". Because dealers/sellers will stick the word "Colt" into their intro descriptions as click-bait, just to get you to look at their Government Model clones imitations. Click here to see just one of the real ones. And it's probably as close to MSRP as you're going to find.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts