Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello to all. I've run across this well used police positive snub nose and want to know what you all think. The owner is asking $275.00. This is the only picture available. Gun Revolver Firearm Starting pistol Trigger

It is described as being from the 20's. The only problem is that it is advertised as chambered in .38 and as I understand the 2.5 was only chambered in .32. Could I be wrong about this?

·
The Consummate Collector
7,950 Posts
No, it could be a 2 1/2". Please let us know how the barrel is marked. Additional pictures of the barrel would help as well to determine if it has been cut back. Colt offered about any barrel length that a customer wanted. Not all were listed but it didn't mean that you could not buy it. I recently bought this 2 1/2" Police Positive Special. It was not listed as an offering but colt did make them.

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
I guess anything is possibe with a special order. But like Cam shows. A letter is the only way to really verify its factory if it doesnt look cut down.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess anything is possibe with a special order. But like Cam shows. A letter is the only way to really verify its factory if it doesnt look cut down.
No mystery. It was definitely cut down. Looks to have been done well. And the sight looks good. But definitely cut back. All that's left of the roll marks would be LT, then police positive on the barrel. It's a well worn gun with no rust. Just lots of character. So I bought it. Took it out this weekend and put about 28 rounds through it. And it worked great. I'm glad I decided to buy it. It's just a really cool little revolver.
Rocky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.