Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to looking for leather holsters. So I figured to just throw the question out to you guys and see where it leads.

I have an 8" Anaconda 44mag. I would like to get a leather holster to carry it in while hunting/hiking/shooting. I'm not looking for anything expensive, actually the cheaper the better, but would still like quality. Don't need anything fancy or flashy, just practical. Below is a picture of my Python along with the Bianchi holster it fits in. I would be looking for something just similar to that Bianchi.

I ask you guys because I don't know if there are any special measurements you need when picking out a leather holster or what not. All the leather holsters I have seen fits the guns so perfect they look custom because the leather is like molded to the shape.

Let me know what you all think.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot the picture of the Bianchi, something simple like this would do.

Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Air gun

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
16,448 Posts
How about another Bianchi?
Bianchi offer two hip holsters for the 8" Anaconda.

They sell the Model 111 Cyclone for around $90 and most likely it can be found cheaper somewhere like Optics Planet.
The 111 Cyclone is a thumb break that can be worn strong side or cross draw. It's leather.

They also make the Model 7000 nylon holster for around $40.00. It's an Accu-Mold closely molded type of nylon.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So do most manufacturers make leather holsters gun specific? That's what I wasn't sure of. I will have to devote some time to actually surf around. I figured in the meantime and would let some ideas build up on here.

Thanks DFW, I will check into those.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need one more "like" for your thousandth, DFW. I will do the honor. LOL.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I think you have made a oxymoron, leather & cheap. I have spent a reasonable amount of time hunting for that perfect holster for a 1911, and I had that kind of results. Leather and leather craftsman do not come cheap. Take a look at places like Cabelas or Gander Mountain, they carry a line of nylon holsters that work quite well for that application. They are much cheaper than leather, but won't last as long. But at the price, you can throw one away when its worn out and buy another and you still might be under the price of a good leather rig.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think you have made a oxymoron, leather & cheap. I have spent a reasonable amount of time hunting for that perfect holster for a 1911, and I had that kind of results. Leather and leather craftsman do not come cheap. Take a look at places like Cabelas or Gander Mountain, they carry a line of nylon holsters that work quite well for that application. They are much cheaper than leather, but won't last as long. But at the price, you can throw one away when its worn out and buy another and you still might be under the price of a good leather rig.
I know leather work isn't cheap. I actually think I might go the way of nylon. I looked into the Bianchi Models DFW referred to and I kind of like the model 7000. I was originally thinking leather because I like the way they mold to the gun but nowadays they can do the same thing with the nylon. Which is the case with the model 7000. I believe it could serve my purpose efficiently. Or I might get the Bianchi 111 Cyclone. Birthday is next month, just have to hint it towards the wife.:)

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I dug through a giant BOX of Holsters that have came in with Firearms over the years and found one I thought fit pretty well. The trigger guard protrudes just a touch but not bad. What say you?

Gun Revolver Starting pistol Handgun holster Airsoft gun
Gun Revolver Starting pistol Leather Airsoft gun
Brown Tan Leather Handgun holster Footwear
Red Leather Footwear Handgun holster Outerwear

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dug through a giant BOX of Holsters that have came in with Firearms over the years and found one I thought fit pretty well. The trigger guard protrudes just a touch but not bad. What say you?
Looks perfect Marc, I will take it! I was gonna go with the nylon model, but since you so graciously offered me the leather model for cheaper, my arm doesn't need twisted any farther. Payment sent. Thanks.

Reactions: keystonearms
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.