Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally picked up a KC. I've wanted one for quite a while. It is in excellent shape except it has been drilled and tapped for a scope. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif However the price was right and I couldn't pass it up. I'll just have to get another one some day!!!!

Also, it is Magna-ported. I assume by the factory but I don't know much about it.

A pic:
King Cobra

This one isn't very clear:
Topstrap - tapped

·
Registered
811 Posts
By the angle of the 'cuts' (porting) it is 'signature' Mag-na-port from the picture. Can't tell the 'hole' pattern as to what the mount is for the top strap, but any way ,neither was done by or at the factory . At least it being stainless steel would be fairly easy to repair the holes in the top strap, at least get a couple of 'stainless' steel plug screws, would make it look better.
Still all in all, a NICE package and a good shooter. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[ QUOTE ]
By the angle of the 'cuts' (porting) it is 'signature' Mag-na-port from the picture. Can't tell the 'hole' pattern as to what the mount is for the top strap, but any way ,neither was done by or at the factory . At least it being stainless steel would be fairly easy to repair the holes in the top strap, at least get a couple of 'stainless' steel plug screws, would make it look better.
Still all in all, a NICE package and a good shooter. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How would one go about repairing the topstrap?

Dunno about hunting with pistol in Hoosier-land. I'm originally a Buckeye and I haven't hunted in years. Never in Indiana. Though I am thinking of going coyote "hunting" in southern Indiana. A buddy knows some folks that have a farm/ranch and have coyote problems. I guess they love to have people come and get rid of them. Don't think the KC would be the weapon of choice though. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts