Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Much to my horror, I discovered the nut on the front end of my 1961 Python ejector rod fell off at the range today. Shooting in grass and likely lost for good. Can anyone provide a source for a replacement? I feel sick. Thanks, Bill

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
bill,i would go to lowes and buy one of those big magnets they use to pick up nails with and try to find it.cant use a metal dector as all those brass cases will set it off but they wont affect a magnet.gpc shows it, part # 195240 ordering from them is like playing the lottery

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
You had me worried. I thought one of the contributing members was no longer with us. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
991 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
You had me worried. I thought one of the contributing members was no longer with us. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, yes. Didn't get it at first /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. That is funny /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
No personal references at all. Just a tongue-in-cheek comment on the topic title. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Premium Member
9,462 Posts
I thought, "I am NOT lost, I just do not know where I am!"

It is not a "nut,' it is a "knob."

Brownells sells Colt parts and most likely will have the screw if not the knob. I agree with the magnet suggestion. I use that technique a lot and it is often successful.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have learned it is correctly called the ejector rod head. It was suggested I contact Jack First Gun Shop in So. Dakota, who had one and put it in today's mail. Sorry about the confusion about the term nut. Bill

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Folks: I ordered, and received in 3 business days, a replacement ejector rod head from Jack First Gun Shop in South Dakota. Excellent customer service if you need a part. Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts