Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lowest s/n you\'ve owned?

Currently or previously owned

For me it was s/n 94x on a Python. Sold it 6 months ago.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Re: Lowest s/n you\'ve owned?

I currently own a Stevens Favorite from the late 1800's in which they made a Bazzilion of. It's a full octagon barrel and it's number 8xx. Does that count ? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A Grizzly Mark 4 that is serial number 4xx. It's in a revolver caliber 44 magnum. Does that one count ?

OK, ok, how about a Colt Snake Eyes set serial number 1xx
That's not fair as they only made 500 of them anyway.

I'll look around the vault some more.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

Still own,and carry at times in a "flapjack", "357 Model" #82x. 4",duo tone blue,about 90-95%,King "cockeyed hammer",and non checkered medallion service stocks and grip adapter.Was a long dead C.of P. personal piece.He had the custom touches added soon after buying it in '54. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bud

·
Registered
937 Posts

I own Ruger flat top .357 # 728.

I never owned it, but when I was in college, there was a gunshop in Auburn, Alabama that had Colt Gov't Model .45 # C88 in the display case.

Twenty years later, I was at a gun show in Birmingham & saw C88 on a display table. The owner said that it was his dad's gun and that Dad had sold it in the early '70s and that he managed to buy it back in the early '90s. I told him where it had been in the mid '70s. No telling how many hands it had passed through during those years.

·
Registered
132 Posts

A Camp Perry single shot, #4xx. Of course, they're all pretty low since they only made 2488 of them and they have their own serial number range.

Bill

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Bill, Long or short barrel? I'd like to have a excellent condition short barrel someday. Very unique gun.

·
Registered
132 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Bill, Long or short barrel? I'd like to have a excellent condition short barrel someday. Very unique gun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine's the long (10", looks like a 7.5" Officer's Model); I think the short (8", looks like a 6")are scarcer. They were later production.

I shoot mine now and then and like it. Too bad something like it isn't made nowdays. I like a good single shot .22 pistol.

Best,
Bill

·
Registered
267 Posts

Dan Wesson Razorback #16 (still own it)
Dan Wesson 722 #166 (still own it)
S&W 38/44 Heavy Duty # 35387 First months production, probably within the first 30 ever made.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Police Positive Target .22 WRF serial number 88 - 1910. I found it on GunBroker three years ago in 99% condition.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts