Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 6" stainless King Cobra in about 99% condition with box and manual for $700 (just a faint turn line). I didn't steal it, I've seen others in that price range. My question is, why? It seems to be the only snake thats still affordable. I know the blue are worth more and also those with a shorter barrel. Any opinions as to if and when the 6" stainless King Cobra will start increasing in collectabilty.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I used to think the same thing but here recently I find it tough to buy a 6" for under $800. I think maybe the push is on right now!

·
Registered
528 Posts
i dont really follow the prices of the different models. i just konw what i like and when i see one that i can swing the jing on, i do...

i bought a 6" SS KC in july 88. i paid $319 for it 'used unfired'. the 4" was $349...

i sold the 6" (it was my primary duty weapon for the local PD (part-time) when i was in the Air Force and picked up a 4"...

i still have it and i will never part with it (i dont think)...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I agree. The 6" KC still is available for under $700, saw 3 this week at LGSs, no 4" ones though. I don't know why since it is solid, maybe even overly built for 357...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think a lot of people don't like the full lug barrel on 6" and above because it tends to make them front-end heavy. That's just a guess and I could be wrong but most of the ones I see for sale are 6" also.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I've been wondering about the blue ones also. saw a 4" blue at a show a couple weeks ago and the guy was asking $1800 !!! Thought that was ridiculuous!........but later got to wondering what it was really worth. are they that rare?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got a blue 6 inch king cobra at the gunshow last month for 450 its around 90% with no box. I was looking for the stainless i didnt know the blues were worth more so i guess i did ok after all lol

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I've sold the 6" in the box for around $1300-$1500 depending on exact condition and which box. The Picture box seems to bring a premium over the Maroon box. But no doubt the Blued do bring a premium. The Snubbys and bright stainless guns are King (Not so much the 6" BSTS) followed by the Blued IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts