Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which lswc do you guys find most accurate in your gold cup's ?
I have loaded some 200 gr lswc with 4.0 of bullseye and have about 6 inch groups at 25 yds.
I have heard that H%G 68's are very accurate, has anyo0ne here used them ?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Yes. That bullet design is being reproduced by several bullet and mould manufacturers. 5.2 grains of WW231 was my favorite when I shot PPC. Do a search here and you will find lots of discussion on the H&G 68.

·
Registered
633 Posts
4.0 grains of Bullseye is the classic Camp Perry accuracy load. Even out to 50 yards. In my 70 series CGCNM, 3.8 or 3.9 of RedDot is the classic target load for 25 yards. Currently I am using the very nice LEE tumble lube 200 grain SWC cast lead bullet. It will shoot better than I will. If you have to use WW231, the target load is 4.6 grains for PPC with the same LEE cast bullet. Some classic 50 yard shooters use WST too.
Gold Cups, even the stainless steel versions should shoot 2" groups at the 25 yard line with 4.0 grains of Bullseye. You could even go down to 3.8.
If you are only getting 6" groups, something is wrong....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4.0 grains of Bullseye is the classic Camp Perry accuracy load. Even out to 50 yards. In my 70 series CGCNM, 3.8 or 3.9 of RedDot is the classic target load for 25 yards. Currently I am using the very nice LEE tumble lube 200 grain SWC cast lead bullet. It will shoot better than I will. If you have to use WW231, the target load is 4.6 grains for PPC with the same LEE cast bullet. Some classic 50 yard shooters use WST too.
Gold Cups, even the stainless steel versions should shoot 2" groups at the 25 yard line with 4.0 grains of Bullseye. You could even go down to 3.8.
If you are only getting 6" groups, something is wrong....
There is very very little play in the slide to frame and no play when you pull the trigger and hold it pulled. The barrel colet is nice and tight also. Would you have any recommendation as to what else to look for that could be a problem ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts