Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few images of my two M-1905 USMC revolvers. The first is sn 173 and is a military contract gun. The second, sn 10624, is a commercial market revolver. I hope I haven't overdone the number of pix ~ I sometimes get a little too enthusiastic about my collection.

Happy Thanksgiving holiday, everybody.

Serial Number 173 - a lttle the worse for wear

Serial Number 10624 - a commercial market gun in excellent shape

(The patch of white at the front edge of the frame is reflected sunlight ~ there is no loss of blue at this point)

·
Administrator
7,327 Posts
Wear ? That's what I call character . Age lines . /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Great looking pair ! Any history known for either ?

Thanks

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Any history known for either?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only that I believe the civilian gun was photographed in the Wilson/Sutherland book. But I haven't checked that out yet.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Hi Richard,

Great looking examples of a scarce variation... These two guns show the different frame styles found on the M-1905s.... Your civilian gun was pictured in Sutherland & Wilson's TBOCF as you suspected. As I mentioned in my email to you, I have been off line alot and I missed this thread. Congratulations on a Great pair of guns and also on the acquisition of your newest Model 1905! Hope you have a Great Holiday Season! Take care, Bob

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[ QUOTE ]
...acquisition of your newest Model 1905!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob ~ I hope to have pics of #115 up this coming weekend.

A merry Christmas to you and yours, Bob; and to all on this forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I call the first one "typical sea service" One must accept condition that would fly with a civilian gun. I do know that some civilian MC models lettered straight to Marine Corps Officers. I have Seen the guns and letters.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Dave,

You do realize that this is a 6+ year old post?

Buck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts