Colt Forum banner

181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Same here.. Signed up but got no email notifications.

Reactions: Jimmy2Dogs

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
You're not the only one... I signed up as soon as I heard, and I didn't hear anything, either.

I'm trying to look on the bright side... I didn't spend any money! Sooner or later I'll get one, albeit at a higher price.
There you go. I've been staying home since last week, working on one of my cars instead of haunting gun shops and bookstores, spending money I don't have.

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
People are getting these in and sharing pics and info on them. It is a very mixed bag so far. Grading is not very accurate, some with same grades are vastly different in condition. One came with a broken stock. One guy paid for a top grade Rock Ola and got an IBM with the IB ground off as well as part of the serial number ground off and re-stamped with a number out of the IBM serial number range. Pretty crappy.

Some have been really nice though.

·
Registered
132 Posts
People are getting these in and sharing pics and info on them. It is a very mixed bag so far. Grading is not very accurate, some with same grades are vastly different in condition. One came with a broken stock. One guy paid for a top grade Rock Ola and got an IBM with the IB ground off as well as part of the serial number ground off and re-stamped with a number out of the IBM serial number range. Pretty crappy.

Some have been really nice though.

Where are you seeing the pictures and descriptions of the carbines that gotten into peoples hands? I have been searching.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I wondered why I wasn’t getting the email updates, then I checked my “Promotions” box and there they were.

I thought they’d at least last a couple of days, given the prices. The market has spoken.

·
Registered
11,356 Posts
Most M1 Carbines have excellent bores. The Carbine ammo was non-corrosive priming from the start.

The NPM was manufactured in the Rochester Ordnance District, and would have originally had the initials of Col. Frank J. Atwood on the stock.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am just learning about M1's here is my Quality Hardware (VG-F) box came through fine, no dents or tears. Seems to be in very nice shape, just a tad of cosmoline under the top handguard and in it.
Serial # 156XXXX
Quality Hardware under adjustable sight
ROCK-OLA barrel dated 2-43
Top handguard marked OI
Stock only marking I could find is a "V" in the receiver well
Square cross hatch on recoil plate
"L" on Trigger group
flat bolt
UI on the barrel band - Type 1

what is the "V" in the receiver well?

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
That's pretty nice, I like it. No idea about the V mark. I have never seen a marking in that spot or a V mark on a Carbine. Some kind of Italian rebuild mark maybe/

181 - 195 of 195 Posts