Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't ever move...;)

Still not certain how this would be handled on a Firearms Certificate - I'd imagine there'd be a few hoops to jump through.
As it’s converted to semi auto only, it is classed as a self loading rifle, all internals that make it go auto must be removed.

I have a few converted rifles/machine guns including a BAR, SA80, FN FAL, AR10, Bren, Lewis amongst others.

security for them is strict but as long as you don’t do anything stupid you should be ok🙂

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
My personal opinion is if the price is not very high, go out and get it.

I agree it's made in the '80s by just judging by the Colt Firearms Division markings.

The buttstock is not made by Colt, look at the front of the adjustment lever, it is curved, original Colt FiberLite CAR buttstocks have a straight vertical edge at the front of the stock adjustment lever.

See my attached picture (it's a Colt Fiberlite CAR buttstock accurate reproduction).

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Shotgun

Reactions: Scottz63

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I'm sure the OP knows the laws in his own country...

That is a VERY late serial number for an A1, likely an export rifle made in the mid to late '80's. The configuration is not original. At a minimum the barrel and buttstock are not original to the receiver.

M16's were very popular with special operations and LE agencies in the UK.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts