Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Yall. I have 2 questions for the forum. I have my new (to me!) barrel and fixed my screw up on the hammer reassembly (thank you Colt forum!) on 1903 .32. First, can I get a slide, barrel, recoil spring, and magazine and make my .32 and dual caliber? From what I’ve read, that’s the only difference. I’d like to get a .380 short barrel slide set up so I can use this weapon in both. It's a shooter so what the hell! And one more question. I tried Colt a couple of weeks ago and Joe was out. I’m going to try him again this week. About how long does it take to have Colt check the build sheet, if available? Like I said in my previous post, for $70 I have to try!!! Thanks yall.

Small

·
Premium Member
10,092 Posts
A 380 barrel will fit a 32 slide and will work BUT the problem is the 380 magazine will generally not fit
a 32 frame. Some have sanded the magazine to make it fit. Also the extracter might not work well.
It is a better idea to BUY a 380 pistol because all the parts fit, LOL!
One the other hand, a Colt 380 Hammerless will take a 32 barrel, and the 32 magazine will slip right in.
I don't think either way is a good idea. I'm not a gunsmith, and don't play one on TV.
Besides it is a valid reason to go out and buy a nice 380 to go with your 32!

·
Premium Member
10,092 Posts
"how long does it take to have Colt check the build sheet"
a long long time, about 120 days.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank yall for the input! You just gave me a reason to go looking. I really want a 1908 .25 ACP now too! :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn’t know the frames were different. Thanks again. I knew I’d get a good answer here!

Small

1 - 7 of 7 Posts