Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank youall so much for your information, interest, and support. Hugs and handshakes to lonewolf, dorsey,guy sajer, icdux1, and JudgeColt. I understand how to value my M1909 revolver now.I was more impressed with the size, accuracy,smooth surface, bore, lack of nicks and scratches. Now I know that the amount of blue is the main factor. I know that I will probably never be able to replace this gun, but that doesn't make it any more valuable. I find comfort in knowing I will still have my Army Special and police positive. I left my new member post, and came to revolvers, because I have been reading the old pages, and felt at home here.

·
Administrator
7,327 Posts
No hugs for me . I'm a hand shake kinda guy myself /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You and your son have great New Year .

Here's a photo of a roughly 80-85% 1909 .

·
Registered
907 Posts
If you want to sell your 1909, you may do better trying to sell it to a military collector. If there are any gun shows in your area that are "all military" you may find someone who will pay more than shooter value. As to condition, most 1909's were "rode hard and put away wet". If I recall, almost all of them were shipped directly to Manila, not exactly a climate condusive to preserving a gun's finish. In my experience, it is much easier to find a M1917 in nice condition versus a M1909. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a beautiful gun, guy sajer, looks just like mine except it's blue.I'm going to try and find a military collector. The more I read this forum,I begin to understand that their are a lot of years of real collector experience, hard research, and passion here. Thank you bushwacker, your right about this guns history.This Christmas I have been hugging my relatives a lot, especially the ones I don't see often.Not sure why, maybe because of age. I appreciate the quote about colt making men equal, so true.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts