Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a Colt M1911A1 reproduction model? I recently purchased one and enjoy shooting it at the range. Anyone with one, is it normal for the ejected cartridges to leave metallic marks directly behind the ejection port? Also, the spent casings are all dented. Is this normal?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I beleive this is normal. My untuned 1911s have done the same thing. As long as it does not interfere with the action I wouldn't worry about it. Some reloaders have had their ejection ports modified so it won't dent up their brass. Some 1911s come with a modified port so this will not happen.

------------------
Have Gun Will Travel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, HaveGun. Got similar reassurance from BBBBill. Appreciate both of your replies.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HaveGun:
I beleive this is normal. My untuned 1911s have done the same thing. As long as it does not interfere with the action I wouldn't worry about it. Some reloaders have had their ejection ports modified so it won't dent up their brass. Some 1911s come with a modified port so this will not happen.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts