Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some contract work down at Camp LeJeune near Jacksonville, NC last weekend. Talked to some MARSOC (special operations command) and showed them my M45A1. Were impressed that they were now in the hands of civilians, me. One of my pistols was used at this training facility by the Raiders.
1911A1 02018EGA Raider.JPG One Marine was not impressed with the M45A1 - too old of a design, single stack round capacity, a COLT :bang_wall:. Didn't want to butt heads with Marines who have the capacity to quiet me up, especially on their home turf. No pictures allowed in their training facility - but did get this sign. 1911A1 02018EGA x.JPG 1911A1 02018EGA - First.png 1911A1 02018EGA - Last.png

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most of the Marines that I worked with were tankers and although proficient rifleman (as are all Marines), they had not dealt with the M45A1 at all. They were impressed with the USMC markings and the research into the specific units each pistol was assigned. Many wanted to know if they are still available, but were put off by the current asking prices. Wish our Marines were paid what they are truly worth - then they might be better able to afford one. Older Marines generally like the 45. Younger seem to prefer what they train with like the 9mm , black guns, tanks ...

It was only the MARSOC that was familiar, since they seem to get most of the equipment requested for their missions. Stopping power was the main positive attribute given the M45A1 by the few MARSOC to which I inquired. Also they used the past tense; I'm not sure if any M45A1's are used in training or in theater.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts