Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
That seems like different type of foam to me than the python hunter, but I don’t have a python hunter so of course I’m going by just looks in pics. I thought the python hunter was the “open cell” foam.
Any way, I have my pelican cases in the house, so in climate control. Just wondering if the OP’s is stored in Non-climate controlled, or is the foam disintegrating stored in climate controlled temps?

I have not checked my pelican cases in a long while, maybe I should. Course... replacement would be expensive I imagine. I remember back when the decom’s released, guys were buying the correct olive cases and somebody was selling all the correct labels for the boxes and there was a source for the foam correctly cut out I believe.

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
My other guess is if the gun is in direct contact with the foam, then any oil on the gun , or oil that may seep out of it, that’s probably breaking down the foam.. I think this type of foam won’t do well with any petroleum based products long term.. but I probably need to let Terry be the chemist and I can just learn a thing or two.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes. No issues. It all came off with a wipe down.
But I've seen what it did to a hunter and the contents in the case when they were stored in the case for years. They were basically buried in a pile of particles that stuck to the gun. The finish came off with the particles and it rusted the scope and mounting screws.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts