Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any LEOs recognize this? From a retired Youngstown, OH PD detective. Marked Federal Laboratories, Pittsburgh, PA. Patent date 1925. The leather-wrapped end is hollow and apparently chambers a tear gas cartridge (?). Firing pin cocked by pulling the knurled knob on the small end. Trigger is the button. Serious equipment. Don't believe that this is a "firearm", but defer to those who would know...

Bill

[URL="http://s918.photobucket.com/user/wdkline/media/Mace_zps761b157e.jpg.html"]

[/URL]

·
Registered
206 Posts
yes I saw an old ad somewhere years ago. and you got it right, it is a gas emitting billyclub. lol can you imagine getting beat over the head with that thing and a load of tear gas splooged in your face?. I bet it was very handy for breaking up bar fights!. they are pretty hard to find.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Neat piece! I did some research on Federal Labs a while back on 1950 Detective Special which sold through them. Here's an ad I found. If you do a google search on "federal labs tear gas" you should find more.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Looks very well made.

Could come in Handy too!

Wonder if it is legal to have one on one's Key Chain? ( Lol...)

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
When I came on the job they issued us "Billy Clubs" that looked like the one pictured. Only ours did not emit mace. Many of us opted for a "slapper", as that fit in the pocket on our police uniform trousers for a flat profile. The "Billy" fit the pocket but was more rounded and some what uncomfortable while seated in a patrol vehicle. The one pictured in the post is a neat little item. I will have to look for one, thanks for sharing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.