Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy this rifle and would appreciate some of your opinions on it. It is a Madsen mod. 58 of the Columbia variety. It is in very good condition. Any info you can give will be welcomed greatly......How they shoot and value, is the sling original??? Gun Rifle Trigger Shotgun Air gun Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun etc.

Olde-Dawg

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
The sling doesn't look original to the gun; not sure what a Madsen sling would look like but that one looks like a US sling for a 1903 Springfield.

I have a Madsen; the last of the military issue bolt actions - after the end of WWII.

Colombia bought a bunch of them but they were never issued; supposedly they went right to the surplus market. I bought a like new one several years ago, with a bayonet (non-numbered). Chambered for the US M2 .30 caliber round (same as the Garand) they are really pleasant shooting guns. There is a "deluxe" version; these have an enameled stock disc and serial number matched bayonets. I had a chance to by a consecutive serial numbered pair but I didn't want to spend that much money at one time...

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
The Madsen slings I've seen look most like the one you see on the Swiss K-31.

This one's a US-issued M1907 - probably with WWII dates.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the imput fella's.....This rifle is stamped "Fuerzas Armadas De Columbia" right behind the rear sight and it is marked .30 cal. CWO, you said they are good shooters,any idea of the value as it sits???

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My like new one was $900 from a dealer in Minnesota.
Thanks; This one is not like new, but it is in pretty good shape. I think I give him a call back. I know he does not want anywhere near that much..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts