Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if Colt ever had an agreement/affiliation with the Magna Port company to do any "factory" porting? Or, would any such porting have to be considered as a non-factory alteration?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yep, some Anacondas were sold by Colt already MagnaPorted. They were a special run (and then rerun a couple more times) from the early 1990s. Mine is pictured on that other thread and I ordered it through my dealer brand new: .44Mag, 6" barrel MagnaPorted, Elliason sight, tuned action with polished trigger.
I never saw any that weren't this configuration though. Hmmm....Was that Realtree Anaconda MagnaPorted too?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SA - that is the exact configuration I had thought was offered in the early nineties. Do you mind saying if there is any extra paperwork or other indications on the box or labels that the work was performed by MagnaPort? Thanks!!

By the way, how does she shoot?

·
Registered
324 Posts
OK, sixguns....the first round's on you! This took some effort. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I stash all my boxes away and hadn't seen the Anaconda box in years, literally. And I was pretty sure there was no mention of features. But you got my curiosity aroused. So I dug it out to see. If you can believe it, my memory had failed me.
So here ya go:

I don't think there was any other paperwork with it. Just the standard manuals, warranty papers, etc.

The action is sweet. About as close to a Python as you can get! A pic of a box isn't much of a pic, so here's the revolver again:

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Magna Ported Anaconda

SA - you went above and beyond. Very much appreciate your efforts. Nothing beats seeing the documents (or pictures thereof). Looks like a super gun.

The ported GB 5" Anaconda is what raised my curiosity about this. I saw that yesterday just as the auction was about to end. I found the 6" Custom Shop Anaconda in a 1992 (might have been 91) Colt Catalog I have, but was curious if anyone knew more about how extensive this MagnaPort/Colt effort might have been.

I contacted the seller and he responded. I happen to live in KS and the GB page said seller was in KS also. But when I emailed, he told me he's really in MO. Subsequent emails have gone unanswered. Makes me suspicious but I've lusted for a 5" Anaconda ever since I saw Jeff's pics. Seems like the perfect length on that gun.

Even if not "original", I'd still be interested if I could get some other questions answered. May be that seller hasn't had time to get back with me. Take note of the MagnaPort stickers inside the blue box (as disclosed by the seller).

Thanks again to all for the information.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Re: Magna Ported Anaconda

The Kodiak was another Anaconda based gun that came Magna-Ported. BTW I noticed on the Custom Anaconda box the model number has the MP suffix indicating Magna-Porting was part of the Custom Anaconda specification.

Later Anacondas have the "10 port" porting instead of Magna-Porting. I'm not sure if that was a cost cutting measure because it was done in-house instead of at Magna-Port /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

You can send your Anaconda to Colt for factory porting. That's what I had done recently and I'm keeping the paperwork for future reference, just in case.

SA99054, the reason for the sweet action is that it has the "Anaconda Custom Tune" as evidenced by the polished smooth trigger face. I had this done as well on my ported Anaconda recently and I'm keeping the paperwork for that job too /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Here's a pic I just took:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts