Colt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a sort of exiting kiss to Colorado, Magpul has announced their new 40 round P-mag magazine will start shipping soon.
Brownell's has them listed as coming soon at $18.95.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Why would anyone want to lug around a 40 rounder? Unless you are just storing ammo. I prefer my Colt 20's.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The 40rd mags are only maybe 1 1/2" longer than the 30rd. I didn't realize that they were actually available in mid June which would've made them still legal in Colorado. At an "in your face" price of $18-20 I certainly would've loaded up. I've always been a firm believer that more is better. Don't care how good you are.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
I guess I am the odd one because when I take my ar's to the range I usually take 5 or 20 round mags with me. Even with the 20 rounders I do not load them over 10 rounds. Now I have a staff of 30 round H&K mags for them if studd ever got silly.

·
Registered
145 Posts
When I bought my AR the 30rd mag was the norm so I loaded up. The soon to be new gun laws helped in making that decision. I have one semi auto handgun that is 30rds and it serves no real purpose other than being a blast to shoot. I guess whatever floats your boat.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think a couple of 40 rounders could be cool especially since some state gubmints don't want us to have these. I will grab several soon when they show up in Dallas.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I'll probably get at least 5 of these mags when they're available, I'm an early adopter of the 30rd PMAG since '07 when they first released them, they're excellent and very durable, my favorite mags.

I've got good experience with my Steyr AUG A1 45 round mags since the 1990s and they're kind of PITA when shooting prone or on the bench, but that's the mag on my weapon all the time ready to go.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To each his own....

Back in the late 1970's I bought a Colt SP1 Carbine. This was when Colt's didn't have the forward assist or the "fence" around the magazine catch.

J&G Sales were still in Idaho?? and ran a sale on British Sterling Aluminum 40 round magazines.
I bought one to use as the on-board load for home defense. It was quite manageable.

I'm not sure I'll buy any 40 round P-Mags, but I'm thinking over whether I might do the same as the SP1 and buy one as the on-board loading for my current LE6920.

·
Registered
386 Posts
OMG, 2 twenty rd. boxes per mag! Who can afford it, even at bulk ammo pricing? 20 is plenty, if you can find some. They're still in short supply here, as are 22 LR. I reload 223, have 500 or so.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'll pick up a few of the 40's. Should be fun, Magpul makes great product, IMO.

I've plenty of 20 and 30 rd. Pmags as well as aluminum mags. and have to say my favorite is the 20 rd. Pmag.

Its just easier to move with the rifle for an old guy like me. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.